- The EPA has ranked indoor air pollution as a high-priority public risk.
- According to the EPA, levels of indoor pollutants can be 2 to 5 times higher than outside.
- Most of us spend about 90% of our adult lives indoors.
- 99% of the particles in the air are smaller than 1 micron (1 millionth of a meter). Because they are so small, the remain airborne.
- Household dust is present even in clean homes and can be composed of mold spores, bacteria, viruses, animal dander, human skin particles, fabric fibers, dust mites, parts of cockroaches, food particles and other debris.
- Inexpensive filters found a local hardware stores are only about 10% efficient for the largest particles.
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis (hay fever) affects more than 35 million people in the US.
- Fifty million people in the U.S. suffer from allergies.
- Allergic disease is the 5th leading cause of chronic disease among all ages and 3rd common chronic disease amound children under 18.
- 54% of U.S. citizens test positive for one or more allergens.
- There are approximately 20 million asthma sufferers in the U.S., 6 million of them are children. It's the leading chronic illness in children.
- A sneeze can add 100,000 droplets of pathogen-containing moisture to the air. These droplets are called "formites".
- The average human inhales about 2,300 gallons of air per day.
**This information was taken from the Infinity Air Purifier brochure.
Click here to view brochure, which includes a table clarifying the germicidal capability of the Infinity air purifier.
The Carrier Infinity Air Purifier uses a 3 step process to treat 100% of the air flowing through your heating and cooling system
The Infinity air purifier uses precision point ionization to charge particles as they enter the purifier.
A specially designed, continuously charged media captures airborne particles.
Patented, state-of-the-art technology kills captured viruses, bacteria, mold spores and other allergens.
This technology allows the Infinity air pufifier to acheive a MERV 15. This MERV rating indicates that air purifier achieves 85-95% efficiency for the smallest particles tested.