Why you should not buy from an
Unlicensed HVAC Contractor
If the contractor is not licensed, you have to wonder WHY?
Does he know he is not qualified to be in the business?
Does he know he cannot pass the licensing exam?
Here are some real world reasons why you should not hire an unlicensed HVAC contractor:
- The manufacturer of the equipment probably will not warranty the equipment if there is a problem.
- The contractor may not be trained by the manufacturer to install that type of equipment.
- The contractor may not be competent to design the proper system for your property.
- If there is an insurance claim, the insurance company may not cover it.
- The contractor amy not be in business tomorrow to stand behind his work.
- If he is unlicensed, more than likely he will also do other illegal acts such as:
- Not have workers' compensation (whe if he gets hurt on your property?
- Not pay his bills which may result in your property having a lien.
- Not gotten Continuing Education over the years to know the current building codes, laws and manufacturers' installation procedures.
- Not getting the proper permits.
These are just some of the questions you should ask yourself before you hire an unlicensed HVAC contractor.
For more information contact:
CAAG - Conditioned Air Association of Georgia
678-646-2224 or Bruce@ACCA.org